Brief Introduction of Department
a. The definition of Health includes Physical, Psychological and Social well being. Mental Health Department is a branch of Medical Science which deals with diagnosis, treatment and prevention of behavioural and mental illnesses. It encompasses the mental, behavioural disorders and psychosocial issues related to these disorders.
b. Psychiatric disorders are very common, causing great suffering for the individual, their families and society at large. This branch of Medical Science continues to endeavor to ameliorate this suffering. Teaching at undergraduate level is one major step in this endeavor.
c. Mental Health Department is recognized by PMDC for undergraduate teaching in Psychiatry, Behavioral Sciences, House jobs and for post graduate training by CPSP (College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan). Faculty members are post graduate supervisors and examiners of CPSP.
d. It has fully equipped outdoor and indoor facilities. In addition to Adult Psychiatry, the department also provides liaison and emergency psychiatric services.
e. Department also has services of clinical psychologists and under takes structured training of clinical attachments for the graduate and post graduate students of Clinical Psychology and Behavioral Sciences of various universities of the country.
1. Professor Dr. Nadeem Abbas, MBBS, DPM, MCPS, FCPS Head Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Sciences
2. Associate Professor Dr. Nadia Azad, MBBS, FCPS Dr. Khalid Hayat Khan, MBBS, MCPS, FCPS
3. Senior Registrar Dr. Sawera Mansoor, MBBS, FCPS
4. Registrar Dr. Qurrat Ul Ain, MBBS, FCPS
1. Ms. Sajida Kazmi, Master in psychology. M.Phil in Clinical Psychology.
2. Ms. Farkhanda Jabeen, Diploma in Clinical Psychology