FFH Rawalpindi is the first and the largest hospital of the Fauji Foundation health care system. It was inaugurated as a 50-bed TB hospital on 6 Mar 1959 by General Muhammad Ayub Khan, the President of Pakistan. Over the decades, through consistent up gradation, it has turned into a major tertiary care hospital, affiliated with Foundation University Medical College as teaching hospital.
FFH Rawalpindi is now a 811-bed facility, spread over an area of over 42 acres. The hospital provides therapeutic care in almost all major and minor disciplines of medical sciences and a wide range of diagnostic facilities. It provides medical treatment and care in Medicine, Surgery, Orthopedics, Gynecology, Neurosurgery, Cardiology, Oncology, Pediatrics, Pulmonology, Ophthalmology, ENT, Urology, Rheumatology and Rehabilitation, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Clinical Psychology, Anesthesia, Dentistry, Radiology, Pathology, Plastic Surgery, Nephrology, Neurology, Intensive Care and Physiotherapy.
On the average, the hospital provides health care to 3,000 indoor and 50,000 outdoor patients per month. Two Mobile Health Clinics operate for peripheral villages and towns around Rawalpindi. During the year 2016-17, nearly 37,140 indoor, 596,612 out - door patients and 16,510 patients in Mobile Health Clinics were treated. Overall 16.83 million patients have been treated in this hospital since its opening.